Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

[Review] Angelfall by Susan Ee

Title: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Series: Penryn & The End of Days #1
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton
Published: May 2013
ISBN: 9781444778519
Pages: 326



It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


Ironically, since the attacks, the sunsets have been glorious.

Some people said this book scary, but I said this book crazy. No, crazy is an understatement. Because honestly, I don't even know where I should begin. Maybe we should begin from The Attack, wait, what attack? Angel's attack! Read that people?  Angels start attacking, now where should we run for mercy?

“Why were the other angels attacking you?"

I much prefer if Angels are aliens, because I just can't picture it, sure picturing Angels is not a hard thing to do but picturing Angel doing some attacking sure is. Especially one Angel who has such a sense of humor, don't get me wrong, I like Raffe (re: Raw Feet) but I can't group him with God, well I can't group any angel in this book with God, come to think of it. Speaking of, What The Heck Is Their God Doing In This Book? Sit and watch while eating popcorn?!!!!!!!

“A little weird? That was freakin' Bizarroville."

I'm sorry, I was just frustrated, I'm halfway through the second book and it brings me nowhere, nowhere! It's just keep getting bizzare and bizzare still!

So anyway, Penryn's (the heroine) sister was kidnapped by some Angel, so there is nothing she could do but get her back, only she didn't know where their HQ is. So with her Angel prisoner, that's Raffe, she's going to the aerie.

But reading this book will only make you think, why are they doing what they're doing? Is human extinction their goal? Why? Because Gabriel's been shot down? -that's not a spoiler, that's in the first 5 chapter, I think- The question is why? Why some crazy human shot Gabriel the messenger? And what was he doing on earth anyway?

But what shocked me most is the reason behind all those angels loitering on earth, it's... wait for it...insert drum noise here...bum bum bum bum...POLITICS! Fun-freaking-tastic!!!

Sigh. Sometimes I just want to skip all of it and read the ending.

Anyway, the story line in Angelfall is great, insane, but great. I like the characters, clearly not the bad guy, and maybe the plot. But Angelfall is one of those books which you don't know if you could, let alone should, continue reading the series. 'Cause I'm afraid, not of the monster but afraid for the characters. I am slightly pessimistic so.. Well, after all Angelfall is just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...