Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

[Meme] Swoon Thursday #02


 Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!

- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18081228-the-orphan-queen?ac=1

I stepped into his embrace and rested my cheek on his shoulder. His heart beat against mine.

He spoke into my hair, muffling his voice. “I was worried about you.”

“Optimistic Knife didn’t have complete faith I’d return in one piece?”

“I did. Until you weren’t back when you promised. You have no idea how relieved I was to see you earlier.” He squeezed me a little. “I wanted to collapse with gratitude.”

“I’d have picked you up.”
He gave a soft snort. “No, you’d have laughed, and I’d have deserved it.” He kissed my temple. Once. Twice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...