Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

[Book Tag] Unpopular Opinions


I found this tag in youtube and the tag was created by The Book Archer in her video. First, I want to apologize for every offended person who read this post. It's not my intention, I'm just voicing my opinions like every free person does. If I do offend you, author or book reader or fan of a book that I might trash here, I am deeply sorry. That being said, let's get started.

1. A popular book or series that you didn't like
I don't know how much popular this book is, The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings. I strongly dislike this book, I have a lot of disagreement with the plots and the characters and even the entire idea of the book. I mean, you couldn't just scientifically immortal because you couldn't get sick, that doesn't make sense. Take the oldest person on earth, will they live forever? No, because they will die eventually. So creating a Murder Complex system was just an idiotic and moronic thing to do.

2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love
YES!
I know I mention this a lot, but.. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I really like this book and the rest of the series and when I knew of goodreads and checked the reviews of other people who read this too, I WAS SHOCK. They hated this book, they ridiculed this book, they were trashing this book. I just had no idea that this series was hated by a lot of people out there. I mean, it has an adaptation, how could the hated book has an adaptation?! -though I dislike the movie- So hate me all you like, I don't care, this book is my Cham.

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with or an OTP that you don't like
Gale x Katniss x Peeta
Yes I'm Team Gale, from the beginning to the end. So when Katniss realized her feeling for Peeta, I was deeply sad, for Gale. I like boys who can protect their girls and Katniss x Peeta was otherwise. I admit Peeta protected her in his own way but still. And I know Gale was too extreme in the third book, but I still like him better. Sorry Peeta, I don't think you and Katniss are a match.

4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for
Mystery. I couldn't seem to get pass the five chapter of mystery books genre. I tried and tried but then I gave up, whereas I really want to read one of Agatha Christie's book. Sigh.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like
Celaena in The Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. She's weird, she was supposed to be a killer yet she gave me a princess wannabe vibe.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into
John Green.
I know I know, how you all like John Green. He has the most beautiful writings and lovable characters and great plots and all but not to me, No. I didn't even finish The Fault In Our Star, heck, I didn't finish the movie neither. I tried and tried and tried reading it again, several times over, but I.Could.Not.Read.It.Further. So that is that.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing
A Girl Who Is In Love With Two Guys, Or More.
And then she would whine how she couldn't pick between them and I would die annoyed. Yes, I'm looking at you America Singer.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading
The Game Of Thrones.
This book is intimidating and when I watched the first episode of T.V. Adaptation, I hate it instantly -there are naked bodies in every corner-.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better that the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Harry Potter movie adaptations.
I watched the movies first and then I read the books. Maybe because I watched it first that I know the plot so the books don't really interest me anymore. I mean, like a spoiler. You spoiler hater people might understand right? You know how it would end, so why read it? -rereading excluded- you couldn't get the feels because you know what will happen next. There are no surprises. That's why I'm stuck with The Prisoner of Azkaban, I couldn't make myself to read the rest of the series. I just couldn't. Besides, the movie adaptations are really great, so don't judge me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...