Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

[Meme] TTT: I Quit!

This week's theme is Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit (aka ten book series I think I'm going to abandon, ten bookish habits I want to quit, ten authors I quit reading, ten types of books I'm quitting, ten tropes I want to stop reading about, ten books I marked as DNF (did not finish) recently, etc. Get as creative as you want) -Boy, that was long-

Since I rarely came up with Ten, let me give you five each instead.

Five Bookish Thing I Want To Quit



1. Stop Worrying About Not Reading Anything When In A Reading Slump State
Mostly I just worried that other people still reading today while I'm not, or tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, or the day after the day after tomorrow.. I somehow managed to read a book but then I'm back at square one. Seriously, I even made a list what most people do when they're in reading-slump and can't escape of it.

2. Don't Worry That You Were Left Behind, There Are No Deadlines In Reading
A fashion-follower people will follow what's on trend that week, or month, or year, and I'm more or less like that. When reading a book that released years ago, I kinda feel ashamed that I'm the only one that just read it. I kept telling myself that that's okay, no one cares, but honestly, I do. Because when they're discussing what they just read (which just comes out recently) I don't know what I should say.
This video might tell you how I feel, except mine's worst.

3. Stop The Envy!!
I'm full of sin. Envy is something that is hard to quit. I mean, won't you envy someone who get an ARC of a sequel of your favorite series while you don't? All people will, right? It's not just me, right? Right?!

4. Don't Feel Bad Because You Hate A Book Everyone Loves
I'm sure many people have at least one book that they hate but is loved by a lot of people. Don't feel bad, that's why the word 'Taste' is there -or so I keep telling myself-

5. Stop Forcing Your Recommendation To Your Friend
Because they're not a reader, and they won't likely read anything you recommend, so it's a waste of time.

Five Types Of Books I'll Quit Immediately

http://weheartit.com/entry/202377372/via/gertieparr


1. Cancer on Characters
Especially when the authors just want to make the book sad in the midle of the book but don't have the material and wholla cancer it is. It frustates me!! When the characters in a perfect condition in the previous chapter and then the next they have cancer?! No, I'm going to say goodbye to you. So long, I'll never remember you again.
BUT, I have an exception for characters who have cancer from the beginning of the book (Not The Fault In Our Stars!).

2. When The Girl Become Pissy
A.k.a demanding attention. Girls, boys don't rotate around you. So suck it up already!

3. When I Have Enough "F*@k" Word For One Book
Because I get sick that they have no other vocabulary beside that little four letters.

4. A Pillow Book (literaly)
When I'm so bored and yawn more than three times in just a few pages and the next thing I know I wake up with the book as my pillow is when I'll say "I don't think we'll match book, sorry". Well, who wouldn't?

5. Abnormal Attraction Between The Guy and The Girl
I'm looking at you Obsidian.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought that a lot of profanity in books is just ridiculous - there are so many other great words out there to choose from! I understand the occasional curse word here and there. Sometimes there's just not a better choice for the situation. But when profanity just fills the pages? Nope. Not for me. Especially when, like you say, the author seems stuck on one particular word lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...