Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

[Review] A Thousand Pieces Of You by Claudia Gray

Title: A Thousand Pieces of You
Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Firebird #01
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: November 2014
ISBN: 9780062278968
Pages: 368



Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.



So, according to this book, our world that we know doesn't consist only one world, but millions universe. Does that make sense? IDK. Anyway, they said that there is only one world, one concrete place, one universe, but in this universe, there are dimensions. Not underworld and upperworld dimension, but a whole world dimension. Like if I sit in a chair someday, someone probably sits in that chair too at the same time with me but we'll never see each other. Because we're in different dimensions. And you know what? That someone probably me too, in another dimension that is.

I was kinda confused in the beginning, I kept reading a lot paragraph over and over until I finally understand, and it's hard to explain, so you probably want to read it yourself. But even though it's confusing, it's utterly amazing. How Gray would think about these dimensions next door. How the odd is the one that created another dimension in dimension. But if really one person can create dimension, like in a real world, I want to wear a black suit one day, but the me in dimension next door wants to wear a white suit that day, and whola another dimension created. And if, that was indeed what created dimensions, doesn't that mean that at least there are dimensions for every person in the real world? Billions if you think about the odds that one person will have in his/her life.

Anyway, let's forget that confusing thing. Why I like this book so much is not only because of the amazing ideas in this book, but the emotion that this book bring to us readers. I was confused to tell who the villain really is, I was excited when the character jumped into another dimension, I was scared that they might died or lost in that dimension. It all mixed in one day I read this book. I was crying, I was angry, I was frustrated. It's so devastating.

And the possibilities of someone can alive in one dimension and died in another are crazy, but that was the odds. Different choice different result, right?

Let's see what I like again. I like their family, I like how Gray makes the story going backward and forward again, I like everything. Although the main story haven't ended yet, it's still a perfect opening. And I REALLY REALLY like what this book is trying to tell, that in wherever dimension you are, you're still going to love the same guy/girl. Because, well, she or he is your soul mate. And that is awfully romantic!

“I would love you in any shape, in any world, with any past. Never doubt that."

And I Swoon.

And yeah, the one thing that the villain after is unexpected, yet it explain everything.

It really is a great book. I highly recommend it. Read it guys, won't waste your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...